My etsy shop

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hand stitched Sunbonnet Sue

I guess you could say I was being over taken by UFO quilts around my sewing area. So I took the Sunbonnet Sue (baby quilt) downstairs and hand stitched in the ditch around the blocks and the hand appliqued Sues'. It took a few hours each night over 3 nights to finish it. I machine stitched the beige binding to the front and used a blind hem / quilting stitch to attach it to the back. The backing is a super soft double nap flannel in a peach color called Melon. I love this little quilt! After washing it shrunk down from 40 x 36 to 37" x 32". I used 100% cotton warm and Natural batting... I usually loose 3" - 4" when I use 100% cotton batting from the quilt size. So this really is a "crib" size baby quilt ;)




0 comments:

Post a Comment