My etsy shop

Friday, October 16, 2009

Donation children's Quilts


Front view Back view

Well as soon as I read about Margaret's Hope Chest organization I knew I wanted to to do at least 2 quilts to donate. I have pieced the first one yesterday and have it all basted for quilting... it is a simple nine patch. The backing is bright and a bunch of patched fabric pieces I had from different projects. it is approx. 50" x 50".



Michael Miller's 2008 Blue Fairie panel


Tonight I started cutting and piecing a few of quilt #2's pieces... I am using Michael Miller's 2008 Blue Fairie panel as the main fabric and will have nine patch corners on the quilt. It should be about 42" x 60" maybe more or less, haven't decided on internal border piece spacing yet.

I am so excited to participate in this worthwhile cause! I love the idea that sometime in the near future a little kid somewhere will be using a quilt I made... I've only ever given my quilts as gifts to family. Well it is getting late and I've been up since early am so I'm off to chill before bed.

Happy sewing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment