My etsy shop

Thursday, November 19, 2009

What I've been up to since Friday the 13th!




This is my first little wristlet, no pockets with a free hand tree embroidery... I now know what I did wrong with it's construction, and will make a better constructed one on my next attempt!

Well I jumped from idea to idea and just made things I wanted to try based on online inspirations from contest blogs . . .LOL. I take complete credit for all my mistakes since I only had a pattern for the Coupon caddy from the wonderful blog of Blue Cricket Design...


The items below: small purse, scrappy stars were free hand and probably show it! The 24" block with primary color scheme I made based on a 12" block pattern from The Quilter's Cache, a truly wonderful site full of free block patterns for every level sewer!




I'm still undecided if I want the blue band completely around this purse or just for a top snap enclosure OR to for go it completely and just put a zipper in... which will be hard to do at this late stage since it is otherwise sewn. Ugh I should've decide this BEFORE I sewed it all up!!

Ahhh and my scrappy stars made from left over kaleidoscope quilt block pieces... I just love the pink and brown together. These are each about 30" in diameter so I can make them into mini doll quilts or a table piece for my round table... hmmmm???


0 comments:

Post a Comment