My etsy shop

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What I'm working on now - Curves

Here is a block progress pic... with my kitty Arie overseeing my layout :0) I started this on 4-9-10 weekend.

I adore Heather Bailey's Pop Garden so I decided to mix and match to create a bright, red, peach, aqua-blue, mustard, orange green and gray quilt top... and I'm attempting curved piecing for the first time and LOVING it!

The thought of stitching curved or circular pieces always scared me, now I can't believe how many cool projects I passed on because of them and they really are simple if you cut out your pieces to a uniform size. That is key. Also, give your wrist a rest from rotary cutting and use a fresh blade to decrease wrist fatigue and hand cramping while cutting around the curved templates.




0 comments:

Post a Comment