My etsy shop

Monday, June 8, 2009

Sebastian peace & love rest well my baby

I am facing the hardest day today. I am bringing my fur-baby Sebastian in to be put to rest.

He had stopped eating late Wednesday night (June 3rd) and drinking water. I tried everything but his body is failing and his liver has been damaged by his dehydration and began to shut down over the weekend. I am heartbroken.

On Friday the vet sent me home with pain meds but I could tell she knew I would be bringing him in today. She saw how frail and broken down his body had become.
I hate this . . . I have no idea how to deal with this. I lost our dog in March to stomach cancer too. That is two animals in such a short period of the same thing. I know it is just coincidence and not connected. Sabi is a snowshoe (part Siamese) and that breed (I have now learned) is famous for contracting intestinal and stomach cancer. As I said earlier I Love my baby boy and thank god for every moment I had with him, he is the best cat ever! I will try to think of all the wonderful moments and memories I had with him and all my other cats... I know he will be missed by many people. He was everyone's favorite of all the cats.

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you. We had to have 2 dogs put down when they could no longer function and it was horrible.

    Thanks for your comments on my blog. If you go to Edit Profile and put a check mark in front of "show email" then we can email you directly back when you leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete