My etsy shop

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Finished - Nelson's 2010 Christmas quilt!




We are currently snowed in and loving the winter wonderland scene from our windows. I was able to get the Storm at Sea quilt finished and mailed in time for Christmas to my friend, Nelson. Yeah! He called and said it was beautiful... for him that is epic, he is such a guy guy and never calls "things" beautiful or pretty. I quilted the feathers with my (not made for quilting) Brother sewing machine. All the designs are freehand quilted. I need a proper quilting machine with larger throat space but I made it work :) I used 100% cotton Warm & Natural quilt batting. After washing it finished at 80" x 82".

I'm very happy the gift-giving part of this crazy holiday is all done. Very stressful to be on a timeline. I love giving stuff to people, but I always feel relieved when Christmas is over and life can go back to normal. I shared a wonderful Christmas with a very good friend, we had a scrumptious turkey dinner and unwrapped gifts while listening to holiday music. Very simple, very fun. This is a little wristlet I made my friend Renee for Christmas: (I made one for my other friend, her sister, Alana too but forgot to take a pic of it!)



My lovely brother who ALWAYS picks out the perfect gifts, gave me a Kitchenaid mixer, in Red color. I love, love, love it!!! I always wanted a stand mixer but was too cheap to invest in something I can do by hand. Let me tell you I have no idea how I lived without this darling gadget! It rocks!


 And in the evening we watched "Despicable Me" and had some good laughs.

Hope everyone had a Beautiful Holiday weekend! And will have a safe New Years celebration. My birthday is on Tuesday, the 28th and I am looking forward to pizza and drinks with friends :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment